Integration and management for multi-department companies
Fractus 2.0 is a powerful ERP system based on Adobe Flex technology. It allows for integration of activities led by a company by its multiple departments in the area of sales (management of sales, inventory, supply chain, analysis of turnover, supplies etc.). At the same time, the system’s unique feature – the integrated and simultaneously distributed structure of databases, which ensures resilience against failures of Internet connectivity – allows for efficient and continuous operation of particular departments, without negative impact on client support.
Numerous functionalities of the system have been selected and integrated as the following modules, whose goal is to cover the maximum number of elements of a sales process and interlace each other in a manner that guarantees the highest possible ROI for the client:
- Production module
- Finance modul
- B2B/B2C platform
- Warehouse module
- Sales module
- Purchase module
- Complaint dealing and servicing module
Fractus 2.0 offers a rich array of functionalities integrated for the task of comprehensive enhancement of the sales process. Moreover, the system was designed with a long list of use cases in mind:
Fractus 2.0 satisfies the elementary requirement of retail-class solutions: offline operation, which allows for supporting of sales regardless of Internet connectivity. Optimization of the sales process is possible thanks to, among other features, the Quick Sales Panel (POS), adjusted for touchscreen use, and the barcode scanner.
Fractus 2.0 is also dedicated for wholesale processes. An important feature for companies that possess a high storage warehouse consists in its full support in the system. Fractus 2.0 allows for physical relocation of items, operations in particular locations of the warehouses and consideration of additional attributes of a given item. Warehouse processes may be supported by devices for barcode identification.
Thanks to its flexibility, the tool may be integrated with tools supporting traditional and online sales (B2B and B2C).
Trade and services companies
Among its many acclaimed functionalities, Fractus 2.0 contains the Maintenance module used for facilitating maintenance services provided to clients. Additionally, we offer a tool for informing clients (by email/SMS) about the current status of ordered items.
Fractus 2.0 provides easy to use mechanisms for supporting mobile salesmen. Depending on organization of work, a mobile salesperson may become a “mobile department” – an organizational unit with their own virtual warehouse, cash register and other attributes, or use the system as a user of a particular location (department of the company).
Thanks to simple and intuitive usage of basic modules and low costs of deployment, Fractus 2.0 proves to be a convenient sales system in single department companies as well.
Technical details – a forte of Fractus
Depending on a company’s functioning structure, we offer 3 models of the system’s deployment:
- DISTRIBUTED STRUCTURE - a tremendous advantage for a multi-department company, in which every location of the enterprise has its own mini-server with a database, whereas the headquarters hosts the central server. Owing to this architecture, in case of lack of connectivity, all data and local functions of particular departments are secured, while their synchronization resumes after connection is reestablished.
a) server at the company’s headquarters or in MakoLab’s Data Center,
b) servers in departments possessing their own databases replicate in real-time with the central server.
- REMOTE STRUCTURE - CENTRALIZED – characterized by a simpler architecture of the system and lower costs, established mainly for enterprises that employ the mobile manner of sales from multiple points of sale which have access to constant, failure proof Internet connections.
a) server at the headquarters or in MakoLab’s Data Center,
b) remote users connect via the Internet with the central server.
- LOCAL STRUCTURE – CENTRALIZED – Fractus may also support local management of a company. Importantly, by choosing Fractus 2.0 – which is an extendable system – the user may later extend their activity without technical limits or disturbances in day-to-day operations.
a) server at the headquarters,
b) users connecting with the server via a local network.
The abovementioned models do not exclude each other. Their elements may be merged in order to obtain a structure that is perfectly adjusted to the needs and characteristics of your company’s activities.
Technology behind Fractus 2.0
The user interface in Fractus 2.0 is based on the RIA application launched in a web browser, created using Adobe Flex 3. Server-side, it functions as a web service based on Microsoft .NET 3.5 (Windows Communication Foundation). The database layer of the system is based on Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or newer.
Thanks to applying Adobe Flex, we obtain:
- Scalability. Adobe Flex allows for creation of fully modular applications that benefit from the potential of object oriented programming,
- Wide selection of available components and libraries. Using them, we may create an efficient application even quicker,
- Availability in many settings. Over 90% of users of the Internet have Adobe Flash Player installed, which constitutes a tremendous number of recipients capable of using the application,
- Uniform operation in different browsers. Using Flash Player, we are always provided with the same appearance of the application regardless of the web browser or operating system. Any computer with a browser installed can be used as a client for the system.
Migration of data in Fractus 2.0
The system’s unique feature consists in building a network of departments that synchronize data with each other online, in real-time. This takes place thanks to a mechanism of semantic multi-department communication. Transferring of data occurs by means of network connectivity (local or Internet-based) among particular departments and a company’s headquarters. The encrypted HTTPS protocol is used in the process, supported by the aforementioned WCF technologies.
Directories and information concerning settlements with contractors are global (shared among multiple departments), whereas documents are stored in the main department, or at the headquarters. All changes are introduced immediately after being saved. Therefore, the time required for updating data at the headquarters and, optionally, in other departments, is defined only by the performance of network connections and temporary system load. Documents of inter-warehouse transfers are shared between the source and target departments, and automatically exchanged betwen them through the headquarters.
Notable features and business benefits
- Business security – the headquarters and departments of a company operate regardless of access to the Internet or the quality of connections. This is achieved thanks to a unique, decentralised architecture of the system. It allows for seamless switching between online and offline modes, maintaining uninterrupted work of the users, as well as for automatic synchronisation of data with the headquarters once connection is restored.
- An “Internet-ready” system – the system has minimal requirements concerning workstations and Internet connectivity, because it is available from the level of a web browser (Flash technology) and does not require installation of any software on the user’s computer. It is also possible to integrate it with sales platforms, e-commerce class B2B and B2C solutions and social media portals.
- Mechanisms of integration with external solutions – ready-made solutions of integration with financial-accounting systems by renowned developers of business software, such as Comarch, Sage and others, not only ensure continuity of financial and accounting data, but also prevent the necessity of replacing the already used systems, which consequently translates to smaller costs and lack of interference of the client in deployment of these areas of the system.
- Support for multiple companies – a single system may support many companies, including multiple locations and warehouses.
- Scalability – the system’s high performance allows for supporting any number of concurrent users. Moreover, the system is offered in the “on-site” licensing model, regardless of the number of staff operating it. Additionally, storing and providing access to the application as a service on the level of MakoLab’s Data Center eliminates the necessity of possessing a hardware-software infrastructure on the part of the client, and relieves them from the need to administrate, update and provide technical maintenance.
- Flexibility – the system is designed within a flexible architecture, which allows for precise parametrization according to the client’s expectations, or even for preparation of individual solutions/modules based on it. Moreover, the ability to conduct sales using different tools (e.g. barcode terminals, touchscreen terminals for retail etc.) generates endless possibilities of adjusting the system to the sales model envisioned by the client.
- Low costs of deployment and usage – this advantage results from the aforementioned features, such as the “on-site” licensing model, no requirements concerning access licenses, Web-based access to the application and lack or minimal requirements concerning the client’s IT infrastructure.
Modern Management Systems
Life Insurance Contract Sales System
20 West University Ave. 305M
Gainesville FL 32601