Progressive Web App – a revolution in mobile websites
PWA is based on Chrome, Firefox and Opera search engines. A website automatically builds a partial or a complete copy in a phone’s storage, significantly accelerating the website loading time and making it possible to browse offline. The solution solves all the problems regarding a smartphone net connection, e.g. on a train or underground trip.
The benefits of PWA-standard websites:
- Responsive – the websites get automatically adjusted to the device’s resolution – whether it’s a desktop computer, tablet or smartphone
- Independent of an internet connection – the websites work also in low-speed network connection areas and even completely offline
- “Mobile app UX” – browsing resembles that of a standard mobile app
- Ongoing updates – thanks to implementing Service Workers processes
- Secure – the application of HTTPS protocol prevents information interception
- Highly engaging – functionalities such as push notifications raise user engagement, which results in the increase of their interactions with a website.
- Easily installed – a user is able to keep their favourite websites’ shortcuts on the mobile screen with no need to visit a mobile apps store.
Additionally, if a website is in the Progressive Web App standard, a user is able to create its shortcut icon on their smartphone screen. When tapped it will work as a full-screen version with no URL bar.
Interested in adapting your website to the Progressive Web App standard? We can help!
PWA Consulting - how we can help
The PWA standard is strongly supported by Google, which makes it highly recommended for enhancing SEO and better search engine algorithms match. MakoLab experts can help to analyse your website on PWA standard adaptability and implement the required modifications.
MakoLab USA Inc.
2153 S.E. Hawthorne Road, Suite 205
Gainesville, Florida 32641
Call us: +1 (774) 326-0850
E-mail us: info-us[at]makolab.com