Blockchain – MakoLab research on Digital Object Identifiers (DOI)
- mathematical and algorithmic rules make all data saving irreversible
- data history cannot be erased in any way
- reverse modification of data is impossible
- provides an absolute guarantee for the authenticity of saved data
- Blockchain is neither based on a particular technology, nor owned or managed by an organisation. This guarantees total system independence and neutrality
The potential that the features of Blockchain brings has drawn our attention, particularly in regards to its technological application for digital ID storage security, and especially for sensitive data and in providing authenticity warranties - such as the LEI (Legal Entity Identifier), a financial institutions digital identifier. Find out more about LEI and our in-house LEI solution here.
The enrichment of the LEI resolver with Blockchain is only a pit-stop in our research and development process with this technology. Taking into consideration the growing potential of the solution, we are working on further-enhancing the LEI resolver with other top-class solutions – semantics particularly – as well as translating Blockchain into other business areas, way beyond Finance and Insurance.
Be the leader of Blockchain implementation in building trusted identification data systems for your business area!
Why is Blockchain a game changer for Digital IDs?
- Trust – guaranteed by mathematics and algorithmic consensus
- Data openness – supported by replication technology
- Uniqueness – ensured by the associated algorithms
- Decentralisation – guaranteed by the system architecture
- Non-repudiation – ensured by data immutability
- Authenticity – guaranteed by consensus mechanisms
- Resilience and persistence – ensured by easy and low-cost total system distributivity
- Neutrality – warranted by an independence from any form of technological or organisational frames
Call us: +49 (0)89 99 21 6010
E-mail us: munich[at]makolab.com
Craven House, Ground Floor 40-44 Uxbridge Road, London W5 2BS
Call us: +44 (0) 203 950 1071
E-mail us: london[at]makolab.com
MakoLab USA Inc.
Blockspaces @ Tampa Bay Wave
500 E. Kennedy Blvd. 3rd Floor,
Tampa, Florida 33602
Call us: +1 (727) 401-4453
E-mail us: info-us[at]makolab.com